1.18.2010

half of a year.

half of a year.

so weird to say that.

its even weirder to say that in another short 6 months we will be celebrating your first birthday and you will probably be walking.

It blows my mind how much you have grown.

you are sitting up perfectly now.



It was almost like overnight you figured out how to balance on your little booty.

I can sit you on the floor with all your toys and your perfectly content, I dont have to have my hands around you making sure you wont topple over anymore.

You are almost successfully drinking out of a sippy cup.

although you still think its a toy and just nom on it, you also know that tastey stuff comes out if you try hard enough.

And what moms drinking is always better than whats in your cup so you always grab mine.




you arent sleeping through the night very often still.

You did for about 2 months straight then all the sudden you learned to roll over and it wakes you up.

Im oh so glad you learned to roll, but ya think you could sleep a little longer at night? mommy would greatly appreciate that.

6 months old little dude. I cant beleive it.

seems like just yesterday I was bringing you home from the hospital scared to death of how I was going to handle you all by myself.

But look at us. we are doing just famously. and we have a greater bond than I ever thought possible.

no one loves you like your momma and there is none other you love the same.

I love you more than words can say my little sunshine.

Happy 6 months Slade Anthony.




4 comments:

  1. they grow up so fast don't they? this coming from someone who fears her bullies growing up and moving on...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so super cute!! They grow so fast. my kiddies are 3 and the baby is 10 months..... get ready for those first steps!! SO MUCH FUN!! Happy MLK Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I love the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohmygosh, so cute. And I seriously adored how you worded all of this- so sweet and tender. Not kidding when I say it made my eyes well up :) I'm glad you two have each other.

    ReplyDelete